Most common reasons why HRT should be considered would be:
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal atrophy
- Painful intercourse
- Decreased libido
- Poor sleep
- Depression and Irritability
- Poor memory and lack of focus
- Weight gain or difficulty loosing weight
- Loss of muscle mass
The advantages of pellet therapy as opposed to other methods are:
- It is very convenient – no need for daily creams or pills or weekly patches – it is done every 3-4 months for women and every 6 months for men.
- It achieves steady state levels of hormones in the blood as opposed to other therapies (pills, creams and patches) that go through peak and trough levels, so pellet therapy is much more effective for resolution of fatigue, mood issues and does wonders for the libido as some patients’ testimonials indicate.
- It is the only method that is essentially bio available, since the body can regulate the rate of delivery from the pellet based on the heart rate (faster heart rate caused by exercise or stress will release more hormone, and slower heart rate when sleeping or meditating will release less hormones). All the other methods – pills, patches, creams – are not bio available since the body itself has no say in when it gets the hormones, and the method of delivery has to be used either daily, or 1-2 times a week in case patches are used.
The disadvantages of pellet therapy are:
- It is a procedure that carries certain risks, even though theses risks are minimal – for example: pain, bruising, swelling and soreness at the insertion site that lasts up to a few weeks, and risk of expulsion with excessive physical activity immediately after insertion.
- Once inserted the pellets cannot be removed, since they are located about 2 inches away from the small incision site, under the skin
- It is not covered by insurance and each insertion will cost $350 – $375 for women and $750-$775 for men. Insertions are done every 3-4 months – 3 times a year.
For more information about sottopelle therapy please go to: www.sottopelletherapy.com