Learn more about Neuromodulators like Botox
Dana Duarte, Cosmetic Nurse Injector and Family Nurse Practitioner
Dana is passionate about empowering clients with knowledge and choices to find creative solutions to their health and aesthetic concerns.
What is Botox Cosmetic?
Botox is a non-surgical, minimally-invasive, FDA-approved injectable treatment that can prevent future facial wrinkles smooth existing wrinkles. Common areas we treat are the forehead lines, the “11s” between the brows, crow’s feet around the eyes, wrinkles around the nose, the upper lip, and the chin.
Botox is made from a low, safe amount of purified botulinum toxin. Botox temporarily relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles, making patients appear well rested and more youthful.
Common facial movements such as frowning, squinting, and raising your eyebrows can cause lines and wrinkles to develop prematurely. We recommend getting some of the best Botox in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village to prevent these wrinkles from worsening.
The Benefits of Regular Botox Cosmetic Treatments
BOTOX treatments are temporary and the treatments last anywhere from three to four months. The numerous benefits of Botox include:
- Botox injections are low risk and relatively painless, with little or no downtime.
- The treatments are quick and full results appear within seven days.
- Botox can help eliminate an angry or tired appearance.
- Relaxing a muscle with Botox can correct asymmetry in the face.
- Botox can prevent future lines from forming with consistent treatments.
- Botox is a great addition to many facial laser treatments and modalities for anti-aging.
Who Should Get Botox?
You may be a good candidate for Westlake Village BOTOX injections if you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 70
- In good physical health with reasonable expectations and a positive attitude.
- Searching for a non-surgical skin treatment for a more youthful appearance.
- Looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, look more youthful, and appear more approachable.
- Knowledgeable that Botox is a temporary treatment and may be combined with other procedures such as lasers or thread lifting for the best result.
What is the Process for Getting Treated for Botox Cosmetic?
You may schedule a Botox consult or treatment with us in our Westlake Village office. At the initial visit we will discuss your areas of concern, and things you would like to improve. Our knowledgeable nurse injectors will evaluate your medical history, along with the facial imperfections and concerns you would like to address. We will also educate you on the number of units needed to achieve your desired result. Typically, we perform a consultation and treatment on the same day.
After cleaning the areas being injected with Botox, we offer numbing cream or ice to minimize discomfort. The injections are quick and completed in a matter of minutes.
After your Westlake Village Botox injections are finished, our injectors will educate patients on what to expect and what to avoid in order to get the best result. You can expect minimal redness and swelling for a brief time after the procedure. Most patients can go right back to work or continue on with their daily activities. We ask our patients to avoid lying flat, rubbing their face, or exercising for at least 4 hours after treatment.